Friday Night

Not that I was ever a party animal, but given the craziness in my life, Friday night has taken on new heights in nerdiness.  It is important for me during the week that I both get a good night's sleep and wake up early to exercise, and so no matter how long my to-do list is, I don't often stay up late to whittle it down, so that I can get to bed at a decent hour and without my mind racing at a million miles an hour.  Which means that my to-do list often piles up to formidable heights by the end of the week.

My weekend days, relatively speaking, don't start nearly as early as my weekday days, so I feel more free to stay up however long it takes to work down that to-do list.  Emails that should've been responded to days ago, articles I'd meant to read long past, and little chores around the house are all fair game, and with the rest of the house down for the night I know that I can do what I need to do without getting interrupted or distracted, and that I can just keep going until I'm done.  These are my Friday nights.

Comments

Popular Posts