Recommended Reads, 26th in a Quarterly Series

Stuff I'd recommend from my past three months' reading consumption:



* Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success (Grant).  Loved the vocab it gave me, in terms of givers and takers and matchers.

* Between the World and Me (Coates).  Must-read for parents of black kids.

* Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation (Johnson).  One of my favorite authors, and this book doesn't disappoint.

* In Other Words (Lahiri).  Stumbling as I am through learning Mandarin, I found this beautiful and poetic.

* Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain (Eagleman).  The brain is so interesting and we have so much more to learn about it.


* The Road to Character (Brooks).  Character still matters, and David Brooks says why and how.



 

Comments

Popular Posts