Recommended Reads, 25th in a Quarterly Series

Stuff I've read recently:

* The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer (Mukherjee).  I am allergic to medical terms so I appreciated how readable this was.

* SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome (Beard).  I definitely need to read more about this time period.

* The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution (Isaacson).  So important to understand just how innovation happens.

* How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World (Johnson).  I adore Steven Johnson.

* No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington (Rice).  An interesting review of a very recent and tumultuous period in American history.

* 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus (Mann).  Can't say I knew a smidgen of all the interesting things happening in North America before Chris arrived.


Comments

Popular Posts